Tuesday 6 August 2013

Watami Japanese restaurant - chicken katsu @ Raffles City

Just a quick post on my fav chicken katsu. If you like Japanese katsu, you may wanna try one at Watami (if you haven't)! It's really my fav katsu in Sg. Why? It's delicious and reasonably priced! I'd tried other fancier restaurants' katsu priced over $20 per serve and I would say Watami's doesn't lose out in taste at just $12.80 (excl tax). If you go at lunch time, the lunch time set is even cheaper! The pork version is equally good. And they serve free ice water.

It comes in a hot plate/pot over a burner. You are given an egg to crack, beat and pour over the seasoning and already pre fried katsu in the pot. Let it sits for just a little while for the egg to cook. Your delicious big fat katsu is served! Perfect when you slogged through a whole day of meetings and utterly famished! 


The branch I usually visit is at Raffles City.   Quite a big outlet hence less queue. Only issue was foreign labour who was not adequately trained to take orders. Ended up my colleague ate her soba that was served without the tempura. By the time the tempura finally arrived, she had already finished her soba. Lol. 

My katsu rating: 9.5/10!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment