Thursday 1 August 2013

Review: Ah Chiang Porridge at Tiong Baruh (阿昌)

Ever sick and dunno what to eat, find it hard to swallow or everything tastes like crap? Yeah, I think everyone has been there. I'd been having stomach discomfort lately. Maybe it's due to too much good food. You know what they say about too much of anything being bad for u! 

Anyway, I was introduced to this porridge place near the Tiong Baruh market. It's located at one of those short HDB estate near the market. The porridge is supposedly cooked traditional style using charcoal. You can check out their webby for info- http://www.ahchiangporridge.com/

Here's a picture of my fish porridge ($4.70, no tax): 

It's pretty good! Especially for a sick person! Good for digestion. They also serve raw fish slices you can order separately. Most tables order it. Eat it with red chilli, ginger and soya sauce if you like this style of eating... I just dipped em with a little soya sauce. Oh and be careful of fish bones. I think the fish is $5-6.

So, if your loved ones are sick (or not), buy em some nourishing porridge to show your love. They serve different varieties like century egg, pork, chicken etc. Overall verdict: 8/10. I like old school style of cooking lah.

Locate it. Hunt for it using google map once you reach the food centre. Cuz the buildings all look the same you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment