Sunday 21 July 2013

Check out RWS S.E.A. Aquarium! ~ Review

Have you been to the S.E.A. Aquarium at RWS Sentosa yet? I'm a fan of aquatic systems and creatures so I'm impressed that we finally have a decent aquarium on our shores (The original Underwater World @ Sentosa is quite pale in comparison to aquariums elsewhere in the world.). In fact, I'm so impressed that I'd gotten myself an annual pass at S.E.A. Aquarium @ RWS Sentosa so I can revisit the place unlimited times, and priority entry at selected timings (It costs $80, but I heard annual pass is already sold out. Not sure if they would release more slots.). Hope this review may be useful to new visitors!

The aquarium is huge, in fact it is the world largest aquarium according to Guinness World Records. (I'm not so sure how it was measured though, by tank size? I thought I'd been to bigger aquariums by floor size.) Anyway, it's not puny size like Underwater World. And they have successfully imported dolphins in recent months for those who like dolphins. For the avid activists against captive dolphins, I'm pretty sure these dolphins will be well taken care of instead of abused. I know that will not stop you from cussing at local authority on the approved permits. But, it has already been approved and that's that. (Please don't hurl abuse at me for the review.)

Here are some lucky shots of the dolphins having fun:


They were so beautiful to look at and admire. And for the absolute dolphin fans with a deep pocket, there is a restaurant with a full view of the dolphin tank. Heck there is even a hotel at RWS that has a full view of the aquarium tank (not sure if it's dolphin or general tank)  in the bedroom. Interested ones should visit RWS webby for more info:


The attractions tries to awe visitors with a wide variety of aquatic species including sharks, dolphins, giant crabs, jelly fish, octopus and more. Some interesting snapshots: 

Giant Japanese Crabs (Yum)

Manta ray zooming past:

Coral lookalike dragon fish:

Jelly fish (There are many varieties):


Camo warriors mud skippers:

Shark eggs (Yes, really!):

Giant lobster:

The attraction also tries to amuse visitors with interesting snippets of facts and figures placed all over. Here's an interesting fact about deep sea anglerfish - apparently it is so difficult to see in the deep sea that male anglers will simply hook on to a female and glue themselves to their soul mate once they found the female. They will fuse together overtime until only the testes of the male is left outside... ( Wtf right?? Lol. I think the designer of this wall piece have a wicked sense of humour.)


Anyway, the most awesome place in the aquarium is this large hall space with a gigantic tank that looks like its 3 storeys height from ceiling to floor. You can sit there all day and admire all sort of fishes whisking by.


I will be returning for more awe and wonders. Rating 9/10 ( Would be awesome if there is slightly less crowd).

 (I took pictures with my iPhone so pardon me if the pictures are not as sharp and awesome as they should be to showcase the magnificent aqua creatures)

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    My apology for the late reply as I was overseas on holiday. Please let me have more information of the collaboration?

    ReplyDelete